Speaker Instructions & Resources
Thank you for participating as a speaker or panelist at the RSI 2020 Online Education Conference. Below are instructions and resources help you prepare for your professional speaking opportunity.
If after viewing this page you have any questions, please contact Amanda Patrick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RSI 2020 PowerPoint Template
The button above will provide you with a link to the RSI 2020 PowerPoint template for use during the sessions. Some of the slides are already filled out and required for each presentation. Presenters must review the code of conduct and antitrust statement, and housekeeping notes at the beginning of the session. When you run your session live, it is important that you run your PowerPoint in Reading View.
Speaker Best Practices
All sessions will be held in a webinar format via GoToWebinar, please use the tips below to ensure you are prepared for a professional online speaking opportunity.
- Run a GoToWebinar connection, please have a hardwire (Ethernet) connection to your internet. It that is not possible, and you must use a Wi-Fi connection, be sure to sit near the router and turn other wi-fi devices on airplane mode.
- Make sure you are sitting in a clean, professional space that is not distracting to viewers. This can be a home office or even your living room, just be sure that what is behind you is not going be disruptive.
- It is important that people can see your face well, be sure to sit in a well-lit room and use lighting. Do not sit with your back to a window, you will appear dark.
- Make sure you have a microphone that works well so people can hear you clearly.
- Make sure you are on MUTE anytime you are not speaking to keep the background noise to a minimum.
- If you’d like to invest in some new technology to improve your experience, you can view affordable product recommendations here and use them for all your online meetings.
Share on Social
The links below will allow you download social media graphics that you or your organization can use to promote that you’ll be speaking at RSI 2020. Be sure to use the #rsi2020 hashtag.
The Day Of Your Session
- To access the the session, use the link that was sent in the webinar invite. Each speaker has a unique link that can not be used by anyone else. Can’t find it? Email email@example.com.
- Be prepared to join the live webinar 30 minutes prior to the start. This will ensure you have time for testing and troubleshooting.
- Make sure you have the final version of the PowerPoint ready for the practice session. Make sure the PowerPoint presentation in ‘reader view’ and not in ‘protected’ view.
- During your 30 minutes, make a point to practice transferring presenter rights to your guest speaker, so they can display the materials on their desktop if needed.
- Ensure you have a team member kicking off the presentation with proper introductions, including credentials of the guest speaker. You can view the introduction and concluding script here.